Welcome to Voice of Nigeria Forum

Max Air Suspends Operations After Tyre Burst Serious Incident At Kano Airport - Voice of Nigeria Forum

Max Air Suspends Operations After Tyre Burst Serious Incident At Kano Airport - Buzzyforum

Max Air Suspends Operations After Tyre Burst Serious Incident At Kano Airport

Profile Picture by BishopNuel at 07:24 pm on January 29, 2025
LAGOS – Barely 24 hours after its Boeing 737-400 aircraft had a tyre burst at Mal. Aminu Kano International Airport (MAKIA), Lagos; Max Air has suspended flight operations.

This is as the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB) said that it has commenced investigation into the serious incident.

A statement by Mr. Michael Achimugu, Director, Consumer Protection and Public Affairs, NCAA, said that the airline would effectively from January 31, 2025, suspend its domestic flight operations for a period of three months to allow for an internal appraisal of its operations by its management.

Achimugu explained that during this three-month period, the NCAA would conduct a thorough safety and economic audit on the airline.

He expressed that the safety audit would entail a re-inspection of Max Air’s organisation, procedures, personnel and aircraft as specified by Part 1.3.3.3(b) of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Regulations (Nig.CARs), while the economic audit would critically examine the financial health of the airline to guarantee its capability to sustain safe flight operations.

He emphasised that the resumption of Max Air’s domestic flight operations would be predicated on the satisfactory completion of this audit.

Achimugu also said that the apex civil aviation regulatory body in Nigeria had commenced organisational risk profiles for each scheduled operator, including Max Air, which is nearing its conclusion.

The statement added: “The NCAA is aware of the inconvenience this action may cause intending passengers of Max Air. However; the safety and well-being of passengers is paramount. Thus, the NCAA appeals for patience and understanding while it ensures the protection of passenger rights.”

NSIB has launched an investigation into the incident to find out its remote and immediate cause.

Mrs. Bimbo Oladeji, Director, Public Affairs and Family Assistance, NSIB, in the statement said that the incident occurred at approximately 10:48pm local time on Tuesday, January 28, 2025, at Kano airport.

that the aircraft had been towed to Bay 5 for further investigation by NSIB to determine the root cause of the incident.

“The runway was opened at 08:00hrs, after cleaning and normal flight operations have resumed,” Orah said.

The aircraft with the registration number: 5N-MBD had on Tuesday night suffered a tyre burst at Kano with 59 persons onboard, including six crewmembers.

The aircraft had a tyre burst on landing at 22:57pm.

The flight VM1605 had earlier departed the Murtala Muhammed Muhammed (MMA), Lagos for Kano.

The passengers onboard the flight were evacuated safely from the aircraft without any major injuries.

https://independent.ng/max-air-suspends-operations-after-tyre-burst-serious-incident-at-kano-airport/

Comments

No comments yet. Be the first to reply!

( Login to Reply )